How to Encrypt Mail with ProtonMail?
The first thing that comes in our mind, when somebody tells about ProtonMail is that it is an email service. The unique thing about this email service is that it is an end-to-end encryption email service. CERN research facility is the name of the organization, where it was founded in the year 2014. The reason for which ProtonMail gained its popularity is that, it is not just a simple email service, like Gmail and other tools. It rather protects your mails and data completely. Following are the very easy steps that you could follow, if you are looking for an effective way to encrypt your mail with ProtonMail.
- The very first thing that should be done is composing a message in the ProtonMail.
- When the message is composed, go to the compose box and select the option called Encryption. You would get this option on the bottom left of the compose box. Here, you have to set the password.
- Now, you will get a very general mail and this mail will also have the unique link. Also, the mail that you receive will contain the subject of the message.
- Once, you have got the mail and the link in the mail, open it. Here, you have to enter the password that you set in the earlier step.
- The moment you entered the password, the message will be decrypted and you will be able to message and will also be able to reply in a secured manner.
- The expiration time of any of the ProtonMail is set for 28 days, by default. So, once that period is over, the mail won’t open up. You will get an error message.
With these simple steps, you could actually encrypt your mail, with ProtonMail. There are a lot of benefits of encrypting your mail with it and these steps make the process easy for the users.
Published on May 27, 2019 BPM_editor